Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Elijah Wants A Girlfriend

So yesterday when I pick Elijah up from school he has an awesome "Monday Folder" and as his reward he choses to go to CiCi's. We fix our plates and drinks and take a seat. Moments later a little girl who is about Elijah's age comes in with her mother. I get up to get soda refills and when I return to my seat Elijah is turned completely backwards smiling the biggest grin and making googly eyes at the little girl. I tell him to turn around and leave that little girl alone. His response, "But mama I want a girlfriend so I'm flirting with that Hot Chick. I love Hot Chicks". I'm dumbfound because up until this very moment he had not interest in girls in that way and I had convinced him that I am his girlfriend until he is 18 years old. I explain to him that we do not call girls "hot chicks" and that I thought that I was still his girlfriend. He responds again, "But I need a girlfriend that is not my mother, that's so thick as you are and someone that is thinner....so I'm giving her "sexy eyes". After trying to convince him that he is much too young for a girlfriend, I gave up with no success. I did; however, convince him that it is not nice to refer to girls as "hot chicks". Not a total loss, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment